Friday, October 19, 2007

Sick, and in St. Pierre...lovely!

So as my title says, I'm sick. I have a sore throat. It hurts so much. I think it is because of the smoke from the bars to be honest. But despite the fact that I have a sore throat, today was an awesome day! I spent the afternoon talking to Mme. Luberry (the woman that I am staying with) and Ambre (her great-grand-daughter). It was good because I was speaking all french. I didn't understand everything that they said (obviously), but I understood it for the most part. Ambre (that's how they spell Amber in french, yeah I know, they're backwards), was talking about swimming, and I understood everything she said. She was almost as excited as I was when I told her that I understood her.

The house that we are staying in has an upper level. We have been here 6 weeks and haven't been upstairs. Today Mme. Luberry showed me the upstairs. I'm so jealous because the rooms upstairs are a lot nicer than our rooms. I didn't want to stay in my room after that, but I like my room anyway (did I mention that I have a sink in my room?)

I went to Bertrand's tonight for a little bit....bad idea. My throat is killing me right now. It has gotten worse! If only I knew how to stop talking...hmm, not possible. :P I hope I feel a little bit better tomorrow because I need to go to a souvenir shop. I haven't even been to one yet. Actually, I went to one, but it wasn't specifically for souvenirs.

Anyway, that's it for me for tonight! I am so glad to see a couple new posts on my bulletin board! G'night everyone (It's 2:30am here)

Bon soir! (Had to throw some French in there somewhere!)

Amanda

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.
- Kurt Vonnegut

No comments: